It's time for Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon. I sign up most years but don't manage to read as much as I hoped. This year, I actually might manage to read a lot over the next 24 hours! Here are my answers to the opening meme.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am reading from North Carolina in the U.S.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I think I'd have to say Smile by Raina Telgemeier. My daughter just read it and I figured it would be a good, easy book to read for the read-a-thon.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? At the moment, I'm most looking forward to breakfast! Just a bowl of cereal and coffee but I just got up (a little late to the starting line) and am starving!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I've been blogging about books for almost six years now. I have two kids who are 8 and almost 11. I work full time so I have to fit blogging and reading into my downtime, which has increased as the kids have gotten older. I love to read a variety of books.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? Last year, we had a lot of plans as a family during the read-a-thon day, so I didn't get much reading done. Today, we don't have as much going on, so I plan to spend a lot more time reading!