I've decided to join in the 2014 Big Book Summer Challenge hosted by Sue at Book By Book. Here are the details:
Last night, I finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth, which qualifies as my first big book of the summer! Yay! I have a few others on my shelf that would qualify as well, so I need to choose which ones I'll read this summer. I haven't done that yet. I'll keep track of my progress here.
- Anything over 400 pages qualifies as a big book.
- The challenge will run from Memorial Day weekend (May 24-26 this year) through Labor Day weekend (Labor Day is September 1 this year).
- Choose one or two or however many big books you want as your goal. Wait, did you get that? You only need to read 1 book with over 400 pages this summer to participate! (though you are welcome to read more, if you want).
Big books completed during summer:
1. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
2. Honolulu by Alan Brennert
3. The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
4. The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe