I'm combining my Frightful Fall Read-a-Thon wrap-up post with my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post, since the read-a-thon took place from last Monday to last night, so it covers the same period. So here's what I read over the past week for the read-a-thon:
- I finished reading What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. You can click on the link to read my review since I actually took time to write it last week too. It was a great book and I look forward to discussing it with my book club on Thursday night.
- I finished reading Before the Last All Clear by Ray Evans. I haven't written my review of this memoir yet.
- I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, which was quite peculiar and creepy at times.
- I read Beyond the Darkness: Book Two of the Darkness Series by Leonard D. Hilley, II, which is a sequel to Predators of Darkness: Aftermath. This was a very suspenseful sci-fi thriller and I look forward to reading the third book in the series to see what happens to all of these characters.
- I read the first 30 pages of Commune of Women by Suzan Still.
I read seven children's books with the kids this week:
- Sylvester and the Magic Pebble by William Steig
- Life on Earth: The Story of Evolution by Steve Jenkins
- Tsunami! by Kimiko Kajikawa
- Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney (for Jumpstart's Read for the Record)
- I Broke My Trunk by Mo Willems
- Pooh Goes Visiting by A.A. Milne
- Johnny Appleseed retold by Steven Kellogg
You can read my comments on a couple of them in my What My Children Are Reading post.
And I managed to review The Sandburg Connection by Mark de Castrique, which I had read the week before so it's the one thing that doesn't count toward the read-a-thon.
Whew! I think that's it. I ended up reading 929 pages during this read-a-thon. I cannot believe I read that much in one week! I usually read about 300 or so, and that's it. I don't plan to read nearly as much this week. I think I'll focus on writing reviews for all of the books I read during the read-a-thon. I want to say thank you to Michelle at Castle Macabre for hosting the Frightful Fall Read-a-Thon. It was a lot of fun!
As I mentioned above, I've started reading Commune of Women by Suzan Still.
I plan to move on to The Revisionists by Thomas Mullen next. That's my last review book obligation for the year! Woohoo!
Now go visit Sheila at Book Journey to see what others are reading this week.