It's officially summer, which means the Spring Reading Thing Challenge hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days is complete. I love participating in this challenge each year, and look forward to the one she does in the Fall as well. You just make a list of books you're going to read during the season, and then read them. It's that simple.
This was my original list to read during the Spring:
- Spinning by Michael Baron
- The Girl's Guide to Homelessness by Brianna Karp
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Pharos Objective by David Sakmyster
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- In the Lap of the Gods by Li Miao Lovett
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
- Aliens on Vacation by Clete Smith
- A New Prospect by Wayne Zurl
In addition to all the books on my initial list, I also read:
- A Game of Character by Craig Robinson
- The Genius Files by Dan Gutman
- Blood Trust by Eric Van Lustbader
- The Raising by Laura Kasischke
- The Misadventures of Phillip Isaac Penn by Donna Peterson
- Hotel Angeline: A Novel in 36 Voices
- Moonwalking with Einstein by Josh Foer
- Serena by Ron Rash
- Dead Barchetta by Kathryn Lively
I would say my favorite adult fiction book from the list was In the Lap of the Gods. My favorite nonfiction book was Moonwalking with Einstein. And my favorite children's book was The Genius Files.
As usual, I had a great time participating in Katrina's Spring Reading Thing challenge. I look forward to participating again next year!