Well, the Read-a-Thon is over. I certainly didn't do as well as those who managed to read the whole 24 hours! But I did about as well as I usually do with these things. I don't carve out a whole day to read. I just can't do that at this point in my life. But I do try to read a lot more than usual on Read-a-Thon days and I managed to do that yesterday. Here's what I read:
Total reading time: 7.5 hours
Total pages read: 424
Read The Road by Cormac McCarthy (pages 17-287 ~ I had read the first few pages the night before)
Almost finished reading Serena by Ron Rash (pages 176-330)
I still have a bit more to go in Serena. I was going to sit up and read the rest last night but decided my bed was more appealing. So I'll probably finish it today.
I also participated in a couple mini-challenges:
Book Habits at At Random
Character Theme Song at Vamps R Us
And here are my answers to the end of event survey:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I'm not sure. I didn't have any issues reading late at night, so I guess mid-afternoon was most daunting just because I couldn't seem to find time to read!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Not the ones I read! I'm not sure. I'd say the best idea is to pull some books from your long-time TBR pile so you're really excited about reading them.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
It all seemed to go smoothly.
5. How many books did you read?
6. What were the names of the books you read?
The Road by Cormac McCarthy and Serena by Ron Rash
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
8. Which did you enjoy least?
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next
I think I'll do this again. I'd hope I could carve out more time next time since the kids will be a bit older. We'll see. I expect I'll read again. I'd love to host a mini challenge too.