Two of my favorite challenges to participate in this past year were Fall Into Reading and Spring Reading Thing, both hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days. I seem to be most successful with these challenges because they're easy to customize to what I want and am able to accomplish.
So I decided to start up my own Summer Reading Challenge to fill the gap between the Spring Reading Thing and the Fall Into Reading challenges. I hope you'll consider joining me!
Here's how you can participate in this Summer Reading Challenge, which will take place from June 21 - September 21.
- Create a list of the books you’d like to read or finish during this summer season. There's no minimum and no requirements as to the type of books you put on your list ~ it's all up to you how many you include, and whether they're beach reads or classics or something in between.
- Write a blog post with the list of books you want to read ~ and any other summer reading goals ~ and post it on your blog.
- Come back here on June 21st to sign up. I’ll have a Linky set up that morning, so you can link up to your own Summer Reading Challenge post.
- Read! Work through your list of books throughout the summer. Write reviews if you'd like. Have fun!
- Write a wrap-up post at the end of summer to report on your results.
- Come back here on September 21st to link your wrap-up post to the Linky I'll post that day.
If you're joining this Summer Reading Challenge, I encourage you to visit other participants to see what they’re reading. You may find some new books to add to your own TBR list. If you think you'd like to participate, leave a comment below so I can get an idea of how many people might want to join. Also, if you do plan to join, let me know if you'd like me to set up a Linky for keeping track of review posts as well. I'd be happy to do so if people are going to use it!
I created a button thanks to a tutorial I found on This Mama Rocks. It's up at the top of this post. She also had a tutorial on making grab code for the button, so here's that. I'll try to figure out how to put both together on the sidebar later!