Today is the 24 Hour Readathon and my son and I are participating, at least for some of it. We missed the first three hours. We were busy watching my daughter play soccer and then we went for a 5K run since we have a race coming up in three weeks and really needed to get some practice! Now we're prepping to start reading at the top of hour 4 - 11am our time.
I'm thinking I'll be making lunch during this hour, while reading my first book, since I'm already hungry! We had to get up at 7:00 for my daughter's game.
Anyway, here are our answers to the introduction survey:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? North Carolina in the southeastern U.S.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? After You by Jojo Moyes for me. My son is excited to start The Art of Language Invention by David J. Peterson. I got it for review but I think he's more excited about it than I am!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Jalapeno potato chips for both of us!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a mom to two kids, one of whom is Carter, who is reading with me today. I'm also a full time product owner at a big tech company. Carter is a sixth grader who loves to read but honestly loves to play video games more!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll
do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most
looking forward to? This time I finally get to spend more time reading. In the past, I've always had more obligations. But this time, although we do have an errand to run this afternoon and we have dinner/evening plans with friends, we should be able to devote several hours to reading.
And now we're finally sitting down to read!