Saturday, December 13, 2014
This has turned into my week for signing up for challenges, since I haven't felt like writing reviews. This time I'm signing up for the Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge hosted by Mom's Small Victories, I'm Lost in Books and Savvy Working Gal.
The nice thing about this challenge is that it's very flexible. I get to choose how I want to travel the world and for how long. I've decided to work on this challenge for all of 2015. I'm going to try to read books that take place in at least 10 different countries and 5 different continents. I'll determine the country by setting, and I will include all genres, including nonfiction.
I don't have a list of books. I'll just see how it goes throughout the year. I'll list out the countries below as I go along.
# of continents: 5 (Australia, Europe, Asia, Africa, North America)
# of countries: 10
1. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty - Australia
2. The Daughter by Jane Shemilt - England
3. The Orbital Perspective by Ron Garan - Russia
4. At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen - Scotland
5. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - France
6. The Color of Our Sky by Amita Trasi - India
7. Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki by Haruki Murakami - Japan
8. The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks - Egypt
9. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - United States
10. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi - Iran
Posted by Julie at 10:14 PM