Tuesday, December 9, 2014
I'm signing up for another 2015 challenge. This one is the Library Challenge hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. I did a library challenge a couple years ago and it was a great motivator to use the library more. My kids take a lot of books out of the library but I tend not to. So in 2015, I will try harder to do so.
Since my kids already check out library books all the time, I'm only counting my own checkouts for this challenge. So I'm going with ROOKIE level (6-11 check outs in 2015).
1. The Shining by Stephen King
2. Messenger by Lois Lowry
3. Son by Lois Lowry
4. Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley
5. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
6. Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger
7. Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki by Haruki Murakami
8. Every Fifteen Minutes by Lisa Scottoline
9. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
10. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
11. The War of Gifts by Orson Scott Card
We have a great library system here in Wake County, NC. The system, like the county, is huge and there are several libraries. Our local library is always packed. When the kids were younger, we would go to story time a couple times a month. They also host tons of other events, including job search assistance programs, business counseling events for people looking to open a business, SAT/ACT test practice sessions and even yoga! Once in a while, the library even hosts musical groups in the lobby.
There are computers available for research and fun. They offer book club kits for adults and kids, and book discussions for different age groups. In the summer, the summer reading program is very popular. And I love all the reading lists they offer for different grades, reading levels and interests.
I'm already looking forward to spending more time at our library in 2015!
Posted by Julie at 8:00 AM