I actually started reading around 8:30 this morning, and have read off and on since. But I've also gone to the farmer's market, planted some lettuce plants and done some research into the farms we're going to visit on the local farm tour this afternoon. I'm pretty sure the farm tour coincided with the readathon last year too.
Anyway, I like to do the Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon even though I never read the whole time. I'll read a lot tonight, I promise!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I don't expect I'll get a lot of books read, but I am looking forward to finishing The Metaxy Project by Layton Green, which I had started earlier in the week and have been reading today.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
The fresh hummus I bought at the farmer's market this morning!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm a mom of two kids, M who is 7 and C who will be 10 next month. That's why I generally don't really do the whole 24 hours of reading. We have far too much going on each weekend! I also work as a web content strategist for a big company, but am very lucky to work from home full time so I don't have to go into an office!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I'm going to try to read more this time. I planned to read a lot at night last time, and I just got too tired. So I'm going to try to stay awake longer this time!!