I'm glad I went to sleep at 1:30am instead of staying up even later. I woke around 8:30 with a splitting headache but I took some Motrin and Sudafed and went back to sleep until 10:00!! It has gotten better, so that's good. I'm not sure if it was due to staying up so late or more due to the pollen I encountered while out on the farm tour with my family all afternoon. In any event, I think staying up the extra hour to finish my book would have made it worse!
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
I would say whatever hour started at 12:30am Eastern time! LOL! I'm not sure which one that was but I didn't quite make it to the end!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Nothing specific, but I was reading a good mystery and that definitely held my interest. I think for me, it would have to be a mystery or thriller.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not at all. I think it runs very smoothly every year!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I honestly didn't take a lot of time to go to the blog and to do mini challenges this year. So the one thing I saw that worked well was the cheerleading. I had some great cheers on my opening post!
- How many books did you read?
I only read a portion of one. 192 pages throughout the day. I read a bit in the morning off and on, and then sat and read for 4 hours straight in the evening. I'm a slow reader!
- What were the names of the books you read?
The Metaxy Project by Layton Green
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will definitely participate again as a reader. I love having the motivation to read just a bit more than usual. Even if I don't read for the whole time, it's still fun. I hope to participate in a few mini challenges next time. I've done that in the past but never got to it this time.